• Can a minor trade independently on Indian stock exchanges BSE/NSE? Can the minor file income tax returns independently if his trading results in profits say 2 Lakhs or will this income be clubbed with parents income?

    • Hello Pradeep,

      Thank you for your comment.

      No, a minor cannot trade independently on NSE and BSE. They can only trade through a Guardian.

      A minor also cannot file income tax returns independently. Any profit incurred by him will be clubbed with the parent’s income as per the regulations of the income tax act, 1961.

      You can read other basic finance blogs here.

      Happy Reading!!

  • One can save money at any age, and with Wall Street Survivor you can at least practice investing at any age. Get a head start and when you are ready to invest, you will be more than ready! Are you ready to start investing money, learn more about investing and how to get started at Marwadionline.com

Please leave a comment