Finally, let us discuss a few Agri based commodities starting with Chana or Chickpea. It is a very important crop which has 25% protein. This is the maximum protein that any pulse can provide us Chana trades on the NCDEX platform.
The major Chana hubs are in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
Factors affecting Chana:
- The production of chana highly fluctuates in a year, depending on the rains received and the moisture availability in the soil.
- Imports and the crop situation in the countries from where imports originate, i.e., Canada, Australia, Myanmar, etc., affect the price of chana.
- There is high substitutability between pulses in India among the consumers. So the price of other major pulses like yellow peas, green peas, etc., also affect the price of a chana.
- The bid-ask spread also affects the prices of chana, higher the spread more the price and vice - versa.
Chana price movement:
* Symbol: CHANA
* Tick Size: Rs. 10 per contract
* Contract Size: 10 MT
* Last Trading Day: 20th day of every month
* Trading Hours: 10:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. (Mon-Fri) (Sat 10:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.)