Market Wizards - Interviews with Top Traders
The methods covered by the wizards cover the entire spectrum from technicals to fundamentals and everything else in between. The duration of their trades ranges from minutes to years. They all have different styles of trading but the common things among them are:
- They had a driving desire to become successful and hence, they could overcome all obstacles to reach their goal.
- They had different trading styles but they were confident enough to consider their own trading as the best and safest.
- Each of them found a way that worked for him and remained true to that approach. Discipline is the most frequent word they use.
- They all put in a lot of hard work by devoting substantial amounts of time in market analysis and trading strategy. They take trading very seriously.
- One of the key elements for them was rigid risk control.
- They also emphasised on the importance of being patient to wait for the right opportunity.
- They acted independently and did not follow the crowd.
- They knew that losing is a part of the game.
- They all loved doing what they did.