The purpose of the book is dual:
1. Make the reader understand the concepts of investing in the financial markets. Some of the major concepts discussed were
- How to hedge risk
- Building a diversified portfolio
- Investing for long term
2. The second part discusses the life and work principles
- Life principles are dedicated to employees who are in the early stage of their careers. Having well defined principles will help them stay on the right path and succeed.
- Work principles are for the managerial level. These help them build, maintain and improve the organization.
Going through Ray Dalio’s book, Principles, gives readers a comprehensive checklist that can help them in each and every stage of their life.