In the end, here are a few key takeaways from the book:
- A valuation that is not backed up by a story is both soulless and untrustworthy
- Stories and numbers play an important role in investing and business valuation.
- A good story can make a huge difference in the success of a business.
- Stories create connections and get remembered, but numbers convince people.
- Stories should have a reality-checked for "possibility, plausibility, and probability".
Finally, what we can conclude after reading this book is that stories without numbers are just fairy tales and numbers without stories to back them up are exercises in financial modeling.